Santa Barbara is not a cookie-cutter house town. Every home in Santa Barbara is unique and has a story to tell. Our marketing goal is to uncover that story and play off of it to market your home. This helps us to maximize your properties’ exposure and get the widest variety of potential buyers falling for your home. In turn, getting you the best possible price in the shortest amount of time. And, if all goes according to plan, with the least amount of stress and inconvenience to you.
Now, this page is long and packed with a lot of information, but, bear with us. The presentation of your home is the most important puzzle piece when attracting a buyer (that, and having awesome agents). Lucky for you, we’ve got both covered. Of course, there are many other ways to elaborate on these marketing pieces and each home is different, we’d love to walk you through the process with an in-person marketing proposal for your specific home.
These are the minimum marketing tools and avenues that every one of our listings must have in order to be competitive in today’s market. (It’s amazing to us that in this day and age, many sellers do not receive these benefits from their agent. Be sure you do!) For extra exposure, check out the details in our Above and Beyond section, below.
- Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service (SBMLS): Your property will be submitted to the SBMLS as a complete package. This means, professional listing photos with proper lighting and angles, a well thought-out and engaging description and property profile, showing instructions and details, etc.
- Professional Photography: In the age of digital this is a must. A buyer’s first impression of your home these days is online – we call this the “first showing.” And, let us tell you, if they don’t like the photos, they won’t be walking through the front door (or writing an offer).
- Of course, there are some exceptions, i.e. extreme fixer properties… if targeting an investor, fixer buyer for a distressed home, sometimes it’s best to show them exactly what they’re getting – however, this is rare.
- Personalized Marketing Email: A marketing email tailored to your specific home alerting all 1,200+ members in the local MLS of the new listing, and subsequently inviting them to open houses etc. is key to marketing your home to other Real Estate professionals. After all, the majority of homes that sell in Santa Barbara are sold by an agent who is not the listing agent, aka they need to know the details too.
- Dedicated Property Website: When promoting your property, where can buyers go to get all of the details? That’s right – the home’s very own, tailored website complete with a custom URL. Featuring all the details from professional photography, property upgrades, description, aerial video, floor plan, 3-D Virtual Tour… The best part, all inquiries would be directed to us, your listing agents, who know the ins and outs of your properties’ story. Don’t believe us? Check it out for yourself: 4439 Shadow Hills Blvd, 1369 Via Veneto, or 406 Via Rosa.
- Going Viral: Okay, this may be a bit over-the-top… the goal is to go viral, but let’s be real, we don’t have control over that… What we can promise that your home will be featured all over the Internet. We’re talking Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, all Santa Barbara brokerage websites the list goes on, and on, and on… you get the idea.
- Social Media: Yes, social media is a huge marketing platform these days. We have business and personal profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and we actively promote our listings through our channels announcing new listings, open houses, fun facts and all that jazz. In addition, we couple our efforts with that of our brokerage Village Properties social platforms.
- Property Sign: Okay, let’s talk signage. With your permission, we will place a Village Properties “For Sale” sign at your home. This is an additional tool to let passerby know that they could live in your awesome neighborhood. Our secret, our sign is specifically ours, meaning that people inquiring will be calling us directly to get the details, not another agent who doesn’t know the details of your unique home. We will also install a brochure box and sign rider with the custom website to allow people to get the details on the go.
- Custom Open House Flyer: When brokers or potential buyers visit your home (or walk past the For Sale sign), it is always nice for them to be able to leave with the details hand. Hello – let’s make ourselves memorable here! So, we custom design a property flyer tailored to your home, and by tailored, we mean tailored. This is not some plug-and-play used for every single one of our listings – it’s custom to fit the best photos of your property and stress the ultimate highlights.
- Full Page Ad: The Santa Barbara News Press and The Independent both have home sections where we showcase listings. Not only do our listings get included in the Village Properties gallery ads, but we feature our new listings in a full-page ad in one of the papers. Our clients have the benefit of choosing which paper they would like to be showcased in. This is a great way to announce your property as a new listing showcasing beautiful photos and to advertise open houses.
- Television Exposure: Home Showcase is Village Properties’ exclusive television show to showcase your home. The television show can be viewed on the following networks:
- Cox Channel 4
Mon – Fri: 7:30AM
Sat – Sun: 9:30AM & 12:30PM
- Comcast Channel 5 (CW)
- Cox Channel 4
Above and Beyond:
In the previous section, you learned all about what marketing strategies we use for every property we represent in today’s competitive marketplace. Now, let’s talk about the marketing tools that we utilize to give your home the extra “oomph.” Depending on your home and the special features we are highlighting, many of these marketing pieces will be put into play in your customized marketing plan.
- Property Brochure: This is where we really get to get creative and make your property shine in a high-quality, professional brochure. For many properties we represent we will design a custom fold over brochure in addition to the open house flyer to really highlight the features of your home. This allows for larger photos and additional text and information to be included for those who show a true interest in your home.
- Aerial Photography: Using aerial photography is a great way to show the entire property as well as the location of a property. We have fabulous real estate aerial photographers who are masters of drone technology and know exactly how to showcase a property.
- Videography: Creating a commercial for your home is another impressive tool to highlight special features of the home and property. With the help of some very talented aerial videographers, the interior and exterior of your property will be brilliantly showcased to potential buyers.
- Floor Plan: In some instances it is very helpful for a potential buyer to see the layout of the home from a bird’s eye view. This is were a professionally done floor plan can really come in to play. Showing the make-up of rooms and spaces within a home.
- 360 Virtual Tour: Imagine being a house-hunter and sitting at your computer “walking” yourself through a home. 360 Virtual Tour technology allows a person to do just that. This is a tool that can be very helpful to out-of-town buyers who may need to offer on a property sight-unseen (this is actually quite common in our marketplace), with a virtual tour, a buyer can feel like they are there.
- Village Properties Affiliations: Dependent on property pricing your home may qualify to be featured on the websites of our numerous global affiliate networks. This is a wonderful way for your property to gain international exposure.
The Cherry on Top:
These marketing avenues we really have no control over, however we have had success in the past getting our listings exposure through these other publications. We’ve developed relationships and
- SB Independent “Make Myself at Home”: The Santa Barbara Independent features a different property in their “Make Myself at Home” column each week. We have had enormous luck with getting numerous listings featured in this column. Take a look at some of the stories we’ve had done on some of the homes we have represented: The Woods, Tropical Oasis, Historic Charmer, or Halloween ‘Hood.
- LA Times Home of the Day: This column allows for fabulous exposure through the readership of the LA Times. They select a “Home of the Day” to be featured on their online version of the newspaper. To view a past feature of one of our listings: Modern Hacienda in the San Marcos Foothills
- Pacific Coast Business Times Home of the Week: Our brokerage, Village Properties, has exclusive presence as the Pacific Coast Business Times Home of the Week spot. Each week, a new listing is featured on the Real Estate section of the website.